9th Annual Living with Cancer
A Mayo Clinic Symposium for Patients & Their Loved Ones
Saturday, January 13, 2018
8:00 a.m. Welcome & Cancer Overview – Wyatt W. Decker & Alan H. Bryce, M.D.
8:30 a.m. Dispelling Cancer Myths – Donald W. Northfelt, M.D.
9:00 a.m. Exercise & Cancer Related Fatigue– Yvonne M. Harrison, P.T., D.P.T., GCS
9:30 a.m. Using Genomics to Outsmart Cancer – Aleksandar Sekulic, M.D., Ph.D.
10:00 a.m. Break
10:30 a.m. Blood 101: Making Sense of Your Bloodwork - Joseph R. Mikhael, M.D.
11:00 a.m. The Importance of Cancer Caregivers – Edward T. Creagan, M.D.
11:30 a.m. Internet Strategies to Optimize Your Journey - Timothy G. Call, M.D.
12:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. Disease Specific Breakout Sessions
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Colorectal Cancers
- Leukemia, Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (MPNs)
- Lung Cancers
- Melanoma and Skin Cancers
- Myeloma and Amyloidosis
- Ovarian and Uterine Cancers
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate, Kidney and Bladder Cancers
3:15 p.m. Break
3:30 p.m. Integrative Therapies & Support Breakout Sessions
- Deeper Dive into Exercise & Cancer Related Fatigue
- Enhancing Resilience Through Integrative Therapies
- Cancer Nutrition
- Younger with Cancer (for ages 18-39)
Mayo Clinic Hospital - Phoenix, Arizona
Wyatt W. Decker, M.D.
Melody Griffith, MSW, LMSW, OSW-C
Aleksandar Sekulic, M.D., Ph.D.
Food & Nutrition
Ann M. Kvitek, MS, RDN, CDE, CNSC
General Internal Medicine
Paul D. Snyder, Jr., M.D.
Kristina A. Butler, M.D.
Tanios Bekaii-Saab, M.D.
Alan H. Bryce, M.D.
John K. Camoriano, M.D.
Jose F. Leis, M.D.,Ph.D.
Joseph R. Mikhael, M.D.
Donald W. Northfelt, M.D.
Ramesh K. Ramanathan, M.D.
Craig B. Reeder, M.D.
Helen J. Ross, M.D.
Angela M. Toro, MSN, CNP, NP
Maria M. Caselli
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Yvonne M. Harrison, P.T., D.P.T., GCS
William G. Rule, M.D.
Sujay A. Vora, M.D.
Mayo Clinic - Rochester, Minnesota
Timothy G. Call, M.D.
Edward T. Creagan, M.D.
1. How do I register for the Living with and Overcoming My Cancer Patient Symposium?
- Online - Register by clicking here, creating an account and completing the needed information
**Past Attendees: If you attended last year, you can use your log in and password to register for this year's symposium
- Mail - Download the brochure to complete the registration information and mail back to:
Mayo Clinic Activities 5777 E Mayo Blvd Phoenix, AZ 85054
- Phone - Call the Mayo Clinic Activities office at (480) 342-3490. Please leave a message and your call will be returned within 24 hours.
2. Am I able to bring a guest?
Yes! Please feel free to bring your family, friends or caregivers. When you register, there is a spot to include your guests name.
3. Is lunch provided? Is there a cost to the symposium?
Lunch will be provided free of charge and give you a chance to meet other symposium attendees. There is no cost to attend the symposium.
4. After registering, what do I need to do?
After registering online you will receive a confirmation email with additional information on parking, location and copy of your schedule.
JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
5350 E Marriott Drive
Phoenix, Arizona 85054
Click here to make your reservations!
Guest rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests with a special course rate of $309 per night at The JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa.
To receive the special rate, reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the expiration date of December 12, 2017, whichever comes first. Reservations are taken following this date based on space and rate availability. If calling in, please identify yourself as part of the Mayo Clinic Patient Symposium when making your reservation.
Open for registration
No Credit Offered
A complimentary symposium for patients, caregivers and family members to join approximately 30 cancer experts to discuss topics covered in the general session, as well as disease specific breakouts. The topics are ones shared by patients but rarely discussed in the exam room.